confidence index

We hear much about consumer confidence. Have you ever thought of merchant confidence? The businesses that produce the jobs of Main Street and keep local economies humming are very important. We think perhaps too big at times. That's easy to do. The media has much to do with that attitude.

The MerchantCircle Merchant Confidence Index Survey was released for Q2 back in June and I wanted to share these results. I just discovered this blog entry.

A summary of mine has respondents seeing hiring go up just a bit and overall revenues to remain mostly the same. My "instant look" saw confidence vastly unchanged. These merchants are positive. They frankly are to be commended for their determination and bright outlook.

Most survey respondents did NOT use Facebook ads. This was a surprise to me. Since the survey was responded to online by merchants who are Internet active, as I'll call them, I would have guessed that they were using Facebook ads. The Social Media promotional folks have me thinking that businesses are running with Social Media resources constantly. I am in a re-think on this subject. Most respondents did NOT get new customers with Facebook ads. Has Social Media got us thinking "too big" and not thinking of details that keep business going?
0 Responses to " confidence index "