an update from bill brady


With just under 200 days remaining until the primary in February, I wanted to give you an update on my campaign travels throughout Illinois.

I will be a Governor for all of Illinois, and over the next six months, you'll see me all over the state. We are however going to be spending a good portion of my campaign weeks in the Chicago metropolitan area. Just as we have done Downstate, we are assembling a first-rate campaign team in Chicago, suburban Cook and the collar counties. If you have suggestions for events I should attend, be sure to pass them along via email.

With some interruptions to deal with the state's budget crisis in Springfield, I've been in the Chicago area much of this month, starting with Fourth of July parades in Wheaton and Glen Ellyn. I've also spoken to the Kane County Republican Central Committee and found some good support there, as well as New Lenox Township in Will County and Lake Villa Township in Lake County.

Earlier this month I met with local business leaders in Jacksonville and members of the Aurora Chamber of Commerce to discuss issues affecting their businesses and what can be done to make Illinois more attractive for job creation and retention. I also had the opportunity to attend a meeting of the Cook County chapter of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly and talk about some of the concerns facing Latino families with local Latino leaders.

Last week I was back in session in Springfield. The Governor has now signed an operating budget for Illinois, meaning that employees, vendors and service providers are being paid. Unfortunately the Chicago Democrats and the governor have leveraged our children's future to accomplish what they call a balanced budget. Mark my words, this budget is a fiscal disaster and leaves our state worse off, our children worse off, and sends a bad message to businesses trying to save jobs for hard-working Illinoisans.

I look forward to seeing you all somewhere along the campaign trail over the next few months. Thanks for all you do.

-Bill Brady
Republican Candidate for Governor
0 Responses to " an update from bill brady "